We will always respect the privacy of individuals and organisations who browse our website and leave contact details with us. Please read this policy carefully as it contains important information about what to expect when we collect personal information about you and how we will use it. This policy applies to information we collect about visitors to our website.
Malvern Museum does not track your activity as an individual.
Contacting Malvern Museum
We regard our visitors’ privacy as being of the utmost importance. We collect some or all of the following personal information:
- Postal address
- Email address
- Telephone number
Any information you submit to us, either through this website or through any other means such as email, telephone or letter, will be regarded as confidential, and will not be passed to any 3rd party. We gather the information to allow us to process one or more of the following:
- your application for membership of the Friends of Malvern Museum
- your enquiry about volunteering
- your purchase order for museum books
- your enquiry about museum services and contacts
- your enquiry for information on local or family history research
Your information and request may be passed to the appropriate museum officer for action. Any such information will be stored and/or disposed of in accordance with applicable data protection legislation.
When you contact us through any contact form on the site or using our email address:
- we will use all reasonable efforts to safeguard your personal information and to protect your details against third party access or modification – we do not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with any other organisations
- we provide you with mechanisms to amend your details as retained by us, or remove them from our database
- we allow you to specify the level of future contact that you will receive from Malvern Museum and we will respect your wishes.
Accessing your information and updating it and correcting it
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of it please use our contact form.
We want to ensure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. If any of the information that you have provided to us changes, such as a change to your postal or email addresses, please let us know by using our contact form. You may ask to correct or remove inaccurate information.
We use Google Analytics to provide statistics on website traffic – see below for the Google explanation.
We do not use 3rd Party / Tracking / Advertising cookies.
If you do not know what cookies are or would like more information, this BBC article provides a simple explanation. The organisation AboutCookies.org provides further information, including how to delete cookies in your browser.
Google Analytics “small print”
last updated on 24th April 2018